Saturday, June 28, 2008

Love Marriage vs Arranged Marriage

I am sure you must be wondering why she has chosen such an old topic in such modern times, but my cousin's recent personal situation made me realize that this matter still affects many of the youngsters and so I decided to write about it.

This topic has been much debated since times memorial but it hasn't lost its sheen still. Ask any teenager about it and he or she will willingly lend their views or opinions about it.

So, the question is what is MY stand on it? Is love marriage better or an arranged one? Is love marriage more successful or an arranged one?

Well, my answer is no one. Neither I favor love marriage nor an arranged one. In my view both can be equally successful or unsuccessful and there are enough cases to prove that.

Marriage is the life long commitment between two individuals and success of any marriage depends upon those two individuals and not whether it was fixed by their families or not. Every marriage needs to be constantly worked at and as long as any couple does that, their relationship stands a good chance of surviving the lifetime. Problem arises when people aren't mature enough and end up choosing either wrong partners or not valuing the right ones. Those who are clear about their feelings and know exactly what they are looking for in their partner at the time of marriage are more likely to find their desired partners and have successful marriages.

In my view, it is the maturity of the couple that decides the success of their marriage and not whether they had loved before marriage or after.

4 comments:

Gaurav Sachdev said...

hey..... I liked this one most of all your posts.... reason .... I can connect to it.... Written nicely.. keep it on....

Prachi said...

well written....
i agree.... its just tht it is cliched and trend among the older generations to say that love marriages in particular dont succeed.

Anonymous said...

yes you are right P, it depends on maturity of couples, which most f da times ppl dont show

Bharat said...

Nice blog dear I like your blog it’s looking so cool according to blog theme. I would like to join your blog again and again. arya samaj mandir in gurgaon, arya samaj mandir noidia