Friday, July 11, 2008

Time Changes Everything


"Time changes everything except something within us which is always surprised by change"- Thomas Hardy

I have learnt this by LIFE itself.

Yesterday I ran into an old friend. Once we were the best of friends. Today we are just strangers or to say....acquaintance. You may say SO? BIG DEAL? It happens. It happens many times.

Yes, I know that. I know it happens. But don't you think it’s strange? Two people who once share a great camaraderie become strangers after a while? Two people who once were inseparable later lead separate lives? Isn’t it ironical? And more importantly isn't it sad? Yes, it is. Indeed it is sad. But who is the culprit? Who takes the blame? People or feelings? Situations or something else?

The answer is TIME. Time is the culprit. Time changes everything. Though people may remain the same, places may remain the same, habits may also remain the same but TIME changes. And with it situations change. Feelings change. Priorities change.

You may have heard this before as I am not the first person who is saying it. But I am writing this because now I have experienced it, and understood its true meaning. Hmmm Life never fails to surprise you. It throws you a curveball when you least expect it. But then, this is also the BEAUTY OF LIFE.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

perfect...♥

Anonymous said...

We were 4 friends in all in high school...but now we hardly contact each other...once I saw one girl of our group but I found it hard to confront her because of a misunderstanding....
Time do changes everything ....