Friday, July 25, 2008

Too Comfortable in My Comfort Zone!!!




For the past 2 hours, I have been reading other people’s blogs and I just can't help but wonder how much people have something to say. Be it current affairs, social topics, office life or relationships, it seems everybody is blogging about something and that too at a very fast pace.

And it makes me wonder, “whether I’ll ever be able to match their pace and be one of them”? Guess NO. For I have realized that I don’t have much to talk about in my life. It takes me hours and sometimes days to decide what my next post shall be. And even then, I literally have to scratch my head to gather my thoughts, to be able to write decently well about a topic. Guess my life isn’t too “HAPPENING” to share something all the time.

Being a housewife by choice, my life revolves around my family, my husband, my 7-month old baby, my maids (yes!! Maids!!!they become a major part of your life after one’s marriage!!!) and my computer. In fact, that pretty much explains the choice of topics I have posted so far….

I can easily be one of those females who takes pride in going to kitty parties (phew!!!) and flaunting about their new acquired things (“pata hain, maine sale mein sandal li”…”mere husband ne diamond ring gift kari”) or bitching about their in-laws (“meri mother-in-law aisi”,….”meri sister-in-law waisi”), but guess I am not cut out to be one of them. So, here I am, too contend and too comfortable in my comfort zone leading a “not-so-happening” and nonchalant life. Not minding at all the teasers (courtesy my cousins) like “hi aunts”, “ghar-ghuseru”, “welli” , “tu to poori janani ho gayi hain”, or recent ones like, “tu disc jaake kya karegi, tu apni ghar ghrahasti sambhal”!!!

Hmmm, guess they are right….but I ll figure out the ways to make my life “happening” later…right now I am enjoying these lazy lamhes….

19 comments:

Mez said...

hey Parul,

It was great to receive ur comment. Thanks :D Oh yeah i can totally imagine how transformed ur life must be after marriage. would love to read about life at the oder end.will keep droppin!

mirror image said...

We all are different and so do our ways of enjoying life. You have your own way. The people comment like that coz they want everyone of us to follow their sheep-walk (bhed-chaal). But we are would listen to them coz this is our way of dealing things. And we love and enjoy the way we are.

Prakhar said...

hahah...lazy lamhe! :D...njoi!

Parul Gupta said...

hey i agree with u mirror image...it feels nice to know that some people think n feel like u...cheers....

Prachi said...

hey parul.....
its no big deal tht u hav to think days before u post something. its the same wid me.
but then... kya kare :D..... time pass ke liye sab chalta hai ;)

btw.... nice baby.... :)
thanks for droppingu.
nice blog

keep it going.
cheers

Anonymous said...

Listen to your heart only...
no matter what they say.
& be happy :)

Anonymous said...

readin other blogs give you a lot pf perspectives and lot of perceptions. they help you heal and make you feel that there are people with varied experiences as well....

marriage post life is tough, very very tough...

keep postin ur experiences just for urself :)

i hvae added u up!!

The Furobiker said...

nice blog u hav.. karo wahi jo dil kahe

Parul Gupta said...

thanks prachi for ur comments n liking my baby...i hope u keep droppin in...cheers...

Sach1 said...

You have a sweet kid :)
People are different and sometimes unreasonable too but that should never make you forget your motto.
And I really liked you blog as well as the description...

Parul Gupta said...

for sachi...

thnks sanchi...i visited ur blog n found it very colourful...would wait for ur posts...m adding u up...

Solitaire said...

Hey Parul,

I think you might enjoy this recent post of mine.

http://gujjuben.blogspot.com/2008/07/those-married-folks.html

Sach1 said...

me too blogrolling you :)

Parul Gupta said...

@ rehaan

thanks rehaan...i went thru ur blog n it seems u write pretty well too...keep writing...i ll surely drop by....

Keshi said...

hey Parul ur already a HAPPENING chick to me. Come check out my UPDATE :)

Keshi.

Quietude N said...

i like the way u put ur thoughts down....they r simply amazing.

Anonymous said...

Hi ,

I was reading ur blog posts and found some of them to be wow.. u write well.. Why don't you popularize it more.. ur posts on ur blog ‘Small Things’ took my particular attention as some of them are interesting topics of mine too;

BTW I help out some ex-IIMA guys who with another batch mate run www.rambhai.com where you can post links to your most loved blog-posts. Rambhai was the chaiwala at IIMA and it is a site where users can themselves share links to blog posts etc and other can find and vote on them. The best make it to the homepage!

This way you can reach out to rambhai readers some of whom could become your ardent fans.. who knows.. :)

Cheers,

Parul Gupta said...

@ quietude...

thnk u so much for liking what i write...trust me its very encouraging...

Parul Gupta said...

@ ray

hey i must admit ur comments are very flattering...i did visit ur site rambhai n liked it a lot...def i wld publish some of my articles there...thnks...cheers ...parul