Thursday, August 28, 2008

Its Infectious!!!!

Hi Guys,

Thank you all for liking my 'Realization' posts. The response is indeed very humbling and very encouraging. I am glad everyone has been able to connect with it. Though I am not yet over with the Realization series, but I am taking a little break from it today, for a change. I’ll keep adding more posts to the series in future. Today I just felt like blogging my heart out.

Well, the breaking news is, I have caught a viral infection (not naming it) that is pretty infectious (and damn painful aaahhhhh!!!)that takes at least 10-15 days to heal. As a result of which my dermatologist has advised me to keep Aarush (my 8 months old baby, if someone s reading for the first time) away for few days if possible, lest he catches the infection too. So I have left him with his Nani (my mother) till the time I am perfectly normal again.

Needless to say I am very upset, first because of the excruciating pain, and second and most important, because of Aarush’s absence. I am missing my baby just soooooooooo much. It’s only been one day he is away from me and I am already feeling he is away since ages. Though he is just a phone call away from me, but not seeing my baby is far more hurting than the pain itself. Hmmm, the day is looking so very dull and long. I am feeling as if I have nothing to do (those having a child knows how much time and attention a baby demands!!!). And unfortunately I can’t do anything about it.

But optimistic as I am, I have consoled myself that it is for his good that he is away and that he is in the safe hands. As far as my good is concerned, as long as Aarush is ok, even I am pretty ok with the infection thing. Though its painful, but theek hain yaar. It’s all a matter of few days. Yeh sab to chalta hi rehta hain.

So, being completely welli now, I am just wondering if there is any love more selfless than a mother’s love. Does selfless love truly exists in a romantic relationship? Or we just pretend it to be there? At least I feel that in a relationship, there is always some amount of selfishness involved/present between the partners and that no love can be more selfless than a mother’s love? What is your opinion on it and why?

Cheers
Parul

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh Parul, that is so sweet of you. A very humbling post straight from dil.

Get well soon and you get to see and hold up your kiddo angel :) thats a motivation for you to catch up soon on the path of recovery....

GOD Bless and wish u quickest of recovery!!

Parul Gupta said...

@ buzz...

thats so sweet of u buzz...thank u so much....u have touched my heart and made me smile....

lots of love...
parul

RiĆ  said...

Aww hw sweet!ur baby is really cute hun, and i understand hw it must b to stay away from him. But its for his own good so u gotta sacrifice till u recover. Well, coming to ur question, my opinion is tht a romantic relationship is not as selfless as a mother's love for her child. Somewhere or the other there's this expectation tht v hav from the other person. We jus cant love somebody unconditionally coz in return v always tend to expect something in return! Where as a mother loves her child unconditionally, without knowing if the child will acknowledge tht or not on growing up.

Mez said...

Hey thtz a cutie picture there. Aww mama missin her baby..koi nah, get well soon and then we wud wanna see latest pics of u both.

I think u already answered what i wud have said anyways. Love does get selfish at some pt in time if not initially.

Just that we like to believe that we arn't but then we are humans afterall.

Anonymous said...

Parul,

There is no love which can be above mother's love. It is universal truth. You as a loving mother chose to bear seperation though very hurting to you ,for a few days for his well being. This is called mother's love.

Two persons can have selfless love, even of opposite genders but it is very very rare. There is always some amount of selfishness which one can overcome with effort to sustain true love.

Get well soon and let us know how is it being with him again.

Take care

joie de vivre said...

aww
dats hw mummy's are
tc
luvz

Parul Gupta said...

@ ria

first of all thanks a lot for ur wishes....
now coming to ur answer...well u think pretty much the same as me...in a relationship, consciously or unconsciously we are always expecting from our partners....

cheers
parul

Parul Gupta said...

@ mez...

thanks a lot sweetie....m glad to knw that even u agree with me on the question part...

Parul Gupta said...

@ niceguy

thanks for being so nice....

cheers
parul

Parul Gupta said...

@ joidevivre...

yeah may be....

Keshi said...

u better TC of urself Parul!

awwww Aarush is so cute!

it must be so hard to be away from him :*(



**Does selfless love truly exists in a romantic relationship? Or we just pretend it to be there?


I dun think so. Selfless and unconditional love can only come from a mother where the mother will even die for her kids. Whereas in Romantic r'ships ppl just depend on each other for love and existence.

Thats why we can replace our partners but not our mothers.


Keshi.

Parul Gupta said...

@ keshi...

thank u so much keshi for ur best wishes...will surely take care...

now coming to ur answer, u r very right...we can change our partners but not our mothers..because however much we try we can never be completely selfless in a relationship...

love
parul

Arjun said...

it's not easy to let go of the lil one... we don't have kids as yet.. but i can well imagine!

peter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
peter said...

well commenting for the 1st time (in ur blog)
seems pretty natural all mother's are same ...btw it's good that they are same !
cheers !

Saim said...

get well soon....Aarush is cute:)
selfless love may even exist in romantic relationships(v rare though) but it hardly compares to a mother's love or for tht matter to a parent-child love!!!zas

Solitaire said...

Oh Parul. Hope you feel better soon! :(

I do not think that EVERY mother is selfless towards her child. However, if comparing it to romantic relationships, I do believe that a mother's love easily overpower's a partner's love.

Parul Gupta said...

@ arjun...

thanks for understanding....:-):-)

Parul Gupta said...

@ peter...

ha ha...thats very sweet of u...

cheers
parul

Parul Gupta said...

@ comfortably numb...

thanks for ur wishes...
hmmm u say it does exists but at least i dont knw of even one relationship which is completely selfless...

cheers
parul

Parul Gupta said...

@ solitaire...

thanks for ur concern dear....
well ur sentence that "i do not think every mother is selfless towards her child" has made me raise my eyesbrow n think again....

Sameera Ansari said...

Awww such a sweet post!Hope you are fine now and reunited with your Baby.Indeed,no love is more selfless than a mother's.

Have a great weekend :)

Parul Gupta said...

@ sameera...

thats very thoughtful of u...

cheers
parul

I'll try 2 be truthful said...

hey parul , wish u a speedy recovery so that u can get back with your golu molu as soon as possible . :)
A mom's love is truly selfless , i cant expalain it properly , but my mom is someone who solves all my problems in one go :)

Whats In A Name said...

Hi..
First timer on your blog.. Came here from Indi Blogger.. Must say your way of writing is so straight and impressive...
Hope you get well soon... :-)

Parul Gupta said...

@ whats in....

thanks for ur compliment and your wishes...

cheers
parul