Thursday, August 14, 2008

Realization #1

One major lesson that I have learnt from my life so far is that “Everything happens for a reason and ultimately for the Good”.

When I was young, every time something ‘bad’ (which by my definition means things didn’t happen the way I wanted them to happen) happened to me, my mother consoled me by saying that it happened for my good and that I’ll realize it sometime later in life. But I never actually got comforted by it. Instead I used to go on fretting and whining about the problem, contemplating the WHY ME questions.

But as years passed by and I relooked at my life events from a fresh perspective, I realized that my mother’s words were indeed true. It took me a long time, but eventually I could see that even in the worst situations there were wonderful gifts, hidden opportunities, or life-enhancing lessons. And that we couldn't have got them any other way. If it were not for those situations I wouldn’t have been the person I am today.

People come and go in our lives. Their entry or exit is destined, to serve some sort of purpose, probably teach a lesson or help figure out who you are or who you want to become. Sometimes they do certain things that may seem horrible, painful and unfair to you at that time, but in reflection you realize that without overcoming those obstacles you wouldn’t have realized your potential, strength, will power or heart. The good that comes out of the bad things help you become your best and the most authentic self.

Remember, problems will always be a part of life. There’ll be times when you wouldn’t be able to find meaning in your life events (After all, the events in our lives doesn't come with labels attached to them telling us what they mean!!!) and you’d have no one to answer your questions. But at all such times don’t let your emotions cloud your vision. Just remember, God works in mysterious ways, and as long as you walk with Him, and just trust and believe, soon you’ll get to that place where you’ll see everything clearly, and you’ll finally begin to understand. Everything happens for a reason. You may not understand the reason now, but you will when the time is right.

20 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rushabhh Gandhi said...

The highlighted lines say a lot!
We all know this ...you know.. But when you actually read it, it gets refreshed in your mind and again you start thinking positively!
Thanks to you... you just helped me get my negatives vibes away from me...!

Sach1 said...

I just wish to sum all this in one sentence, "Time is the best counselor"
I realize every line you say but when you're down and low, nothing can heal you but the right time...

Keshi said...

u know, somehow I didnt believe in that before...that everything happens for the good. but now I do. cos even after my dad's untimely death, after all the struggles, after all those gloomy years, now Im here, alive n kicking...smiling and standing on my own feet. :)

Great inspirational post Parul!


Keshi.

Ankit Avasthi said...

hi

Nice inspirational post....
I thought this questio of purpose bugs onky me, but only recently i found many ppl struggling to find the answers to this purpose question.

purpose of our very own existence.
I wrote a few similar lines on my blog
http://limitlesshopes.blogspot.com/2008/04/sprituality-me.html

regards,
ankit

Parul Gupta said...

@ Yuva

thnks yuva...its great to know that my post helped u in some way be it only for few min....guess my purpose has been solved....to cheer up someone...

cheers
parul

Junius said...

/-Everything happens for a reason and ultimately for the Good
...mmm....i dont believe in god, i will say we have the capacity to make events into something good , atleast as good learning experience :D

Parul Gupta said...

@ rushabh

thats very sweet of u to say that...m glad u liked it....

Parul Gupta said...

@ sachi...

u r right sachi...time is the indeed best healer n counsellor...

Parul Gupta said...

@ keshi

thnks darlin...the way u pen down ur thoughts itself tells a lot about ur character n ur strength...though i dont know u personally but from ur posts i can say that u r indeed a very warm, lively n a very strong person....

love
parul

Parul Gupta said...

@ ankit...

thanks a lot...i ll def read ur post...

cheers
parul

Parul Gupta said...

@ endevourme

well beliefs r something very personal...so can't say abt that but yes i do believe its all in our thoughts....the way we think determines whether the situation is good or bad...its all in the mind...

cheers
parul....

Anonymous said...

Absolutely true parul....wud be back for more

mirror image said...

Quite true, many events I thought happened in my life, disturbed me, but then again, in the wider perspective, I feel they have had happened and therefore, I am now what I am. We should take it as it comes.

Anonymous said...

well parul... ur post clearly shows u have a great faith in god for he as u write "God works in mysterious ways, and as long as you walk with Him, and just trust and believe, soon you’ll get to that place where you’ll see everything clearly, and you’ll finally begin to understand"

but clearly continuous hope spoiling made me a person who just just joins hand in front of Him but not follower of Him and embrace Him.. donno why but its truth... I have found god always ditching me in various cases but still donno know why i join hand in front of Him at any cause and also have in mind that He will do nothing for me....

Parul Gupta said...

@ mirror image

hey first of all..its great to see u bk on my blog after a long time...so welcome bk...

now coming to the post..yeah u r right we shld take life as it comes n not have much expectations in order to be happy....


cheers
parul

Parul Gupta said...

@ reasonsoflife...

yeah i m an ardent believer of god...ummm its sad to knw that u feel that he ditches u...guess i could explain that u in detail....i wont be able to do that here in short words.....

but nevertheless just wanna say one thing...god always n always helps us....wen something bad happens its may be because he wanted us to learn something out of it....ultimately everything indeed happens for good...

cheers buddy...
parul

Comfortably Numb said...

God Why me?

my dad told me something like this....
When thousands of people get killed in an earthquake then did you thank god and did you ask him anything?

When hundereds of people are shot dead everyday...do you ask anything?

And a couple of other things...So this sums it all for me that everything happens for good :)

Cheers!

Parul Gupta said...

@ comfortably numb...

i knw dear that lots of bad things happen every day that are indeed not good and i dont have answers for them as to what good they brought to anybody....but i firmly believe even behind them there was some purpose that only god knws what...and it will be good in the long run....

god bless ya dear....
parul

Renu said...

Beautiful, I agree with u. I also posted something similar
http://www.blogger.com/posts.g?blogID=1553143156226303719.